Monday, November 15, 2010

Success!

We had a wonderful surprise birthday party for one of our neighbors on Saturday night.  We even met a new couple in the neighborhood from California.  They are going to fit right in.  We all gathered by the chiminea, ate cheesecake, opened presents, sang Happy Birthday, and talked for hours, all the time enjoying the blazing fire. 

The big excitement of the weekend was the Cajun Stitchery Party on Sunday.  Although we had lots of merchandise on display, I did not walk away with much money.  What I did walk away with was a bunch of orders which made the whole party worthwhile.  Now I have to get busy filling those orders.

Our hostess was very gracious and boy did she go all out on food and drink.  Her home was over the top gorgeous.  We had several friends arrive and two or three people we did not know and were able to introduce to the wonderful world of embroidery at Cajun Stitchery.   While enjoying the day, we did come up with our catch phrase:  "Cajun Stitchery can make your embroidery dreams come true.  Your other dreams are up to you."  I like it.

Today we've been working on getting all of the stuff out of the car and working on our inventory.  I brought everything to the party, including all of our Etsy items.  So, we had to separate the Etsy items from the non-Etsy items.  As it turned out we did have a sale on Etsy today.  Just icing on the cake.

After doing the inventory, I worked on the computer a bit and finally got the design for the birthday on Wednesday down.  I ended up doing 3 different designs, never really liking the one and going to the next.  But the 3rd was the charm.  This was the first time that I created a face.  I am simply not a good artist in that I don't draw well, and my drawing is even worse on the computer.  But I was very pleased with the face, although the design is very unusual.  I cannot post it on the internet until after it is given to the recipient on Wednesday night.  I did a test stitch out and it stitched very smooth, so there shouldn't be any problems with the final -- on pillowcases.

Next weekend is my friend, Becky's, birthday and she has requested that all presents be for children from 1-6 years old, labeled with the age and "boy" or "girl".  She will take them to be given to foster children in Santa Rosa County.  That is such a generous and wonderful idea.  While going though our inventory I ran across some children's t-shirts that I think I'll embroider designs for Becky to take for the foster children.  I'll do some for Becky and some for Gulf Coast Kids House.  It will give me another opportunity to use designs that I don't usually use.

Bon jour, mes amis.

No comments:

Post a Comment