Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Day Late and A Dollar Short

Oops!  I missed my blog on Wednesday.  It has just been such a busy week and that is wonderful.  The Cajun Stitchery Party did bring in several orders and I've been working diligently on them.  I ordered about 19 micro fleece jackets yesterday to fill other orders.  It's getting active over here. 

I try to schedule myself so that I can get everything done.  Monday I was supposed to bathe the dogs but never got around to it.  So, Tuesday I was supposed to do bookkeeping and bathe the dogs, but never got around to it.  Wednesday I was supposed to write on my blogs, bathe the dogs, and do the bookkeeping but never got around to it.  Today is the day.  I did the bookkeeping.  I'm writing this blog.  And, hopefully, I'll bathe the dogs this afternoon. 

Judy's birthday was celebrated last night.  We had a glorious time at our usual Wednesday night with the girls.  Judy received many wonderful gifts.  I received a belated birthday gift from a very special friend who understands my attraction to smiles.  She printed out 3 pages of smile quotes.  I began using the quotes on Facebook this morning.  But that's not all.  She gave me the cutest soap dish of a starfish with a smile and shells and sand all around.  I probably won't use it as a soapdish because I don't want to cover up that smile.  It's sitting next to my computer so I can see it.  She also gave me soap shaped as a shell and a beautiful keyring from Venice.  I said, "Venice, Florida?"  She said, "No.  Venice, Italy."  Ooooooh, nice.

When I was trying to come up with an idea for Judy's pillowcases, I knew that I wanted to use as many different shades of aqua and teal as I could.  Those are her favorite colors.  She just had that grandbaby and she loves her cat.  The design started out being a little tyke with a mermaid tail.  The blue just screamed water and I never could put a cat design in the water.  Although she received a magnet with a design that had a cat with a mermaid tail.  Anyway, I started putting fish around the design of the child and it just did not work for me.  I wanted something light and airy.  You know I love the lace and heirloom designs.  Then I put some gulls in the sky above the child and the fish.  The little child just wasn't working for me.  Finally, I found a beautiful lacy design that, if I manipulated it, might resemble a mermaid tail.  From there I decided to play around with my motif digitizing capabilities and it ended up with a beautiful mermait.  The face was completely designed by me.  I am not good at drawing but the face turned out okay.  This one took a long time to design to get just what I wanted, but worth it in the end when Judy opened her present.  What could be more fulfilling that making another person happy.

Speaking of happy, and forgive me if I'm repeating myself, but I love our new catch phrase: 
Cajun Stitchery can make your embroidery dreams come true; your other dreams are up to you.

This morning I found two messages on my phone from a lady saying she hadn't received her fleur de lis.  We take special pride in good service, so this alarmed me.  But she was asking for Gayle and said she paid with PayPal but never received her download.  I have returned her call but I think she had the wrong number.  We don't sell anything that has to be downloaded.
 

This week I found another closet full of fabric.  There must be a 12 step program for me.  But my cat sure enjoyed sleeping on the fabric.

George has been busy on the house next door and started working on repairing our shed in the back today.  Bless his heart, he has so much to do.  As a matter of fact, so do I and I better get to it.

Have a great day, mes amis:>)

No comments:

Post a Comment